- Last week on 205 Live, Neville continued to prove he's the true King of the Cruiserweights with a Non-Title victory over Rich Swann... Jack Gallagher got the better of Ariya Daivari in a Gentleman's Duel, which also acted as an homage to the Parker Brothers board game, Clue... Tony Nese picked up his first victory on 205 Live at the expense of Cedric Alexander, who continues to lose thanks to distractions that involve his "girlfriend" Alicia Fox... Mustafa Ali has already dropped the heelish part of his character in a squash victory over a guy who hurt himself throwing a kick 5-seconds into the match.
- Presented on the WWE Network from Jacksonville, FL. Mauro Ranallo, Corey Graves, and Austin Aries are at ringside to call the action, unless otherwise noted. Tonight's Main Event will feature TJ Perkins taking on the King of the Cruiserweights. Yes, we're finally getting a Main Event that doesn't feature Rich Swann, who is not medically cleared to appear tonight.
- Post-match, THE Brian Kendrick comes out to congratulate Tajiri on his successful debut/return to 205 Live/WWE. His level of sincerity is under question. He offers Tajiri a handshake and ends up getting Green Mist sprayed in his face, selling it like he's just had acid thrown in his eyes.
- Dasha Fuentes asks Neville about being challenged tonight by TJ Perkins. He says people like Perkins would never have been Champion had he been allowed to compete in the Cruiserweight Classic. He claims being discriminated against since he laid foot in this country. People get behind Perkins because of his struggles, but nobody cares about what he went through, and just look down on him for how he looks and talks.
- Hype video for Tony Nese, THE PREMIER ATHLETE. We've seen plenty of Nese so far, mostly doing jobs, but I guess he hasn't been given enough character development. At least they aren't claiming he's going to be coming soon. He's got speed and strength, and that's about it.
- Cedric Alexander and Alicia Fox are backstage. Alexander wants her to be more careful because he's been losing a lot lately (no sh*t). They kiss to let us all know EVERYTHING IS FINE.
- Post-match, Dasha Fuentes asks how Dar will bounce back from a rough start to 2017 because all he needs is lady luck by his side. He says Cedric Alexander isn't man enough for Alicia FUUUUUUUUUX, but she's always welcome in his corner. Kill me.
- TOZAWA is Coming Soon. He's introduced before the video as Akira Tozawa, but the graphic only reads "Tozawa". 2018 knowledge says he ends up keeping the full name, for the three of you that care.
- Tom Phillips gets comments from TJ Perkins before the bell. He says all Neville does is complain, then kind of heels it up by calling him ugly. He calls Neville a bully, and just like with all bullies, you have to kick them in the face.
Perkins gives chase and gets stomped across the back of the head for it. Neville with a scoop slam and missile dropkick for two. Perkins fights out of a chin-lock, flips out of a back suplex, and hits a jumping heel kick. His comeback is short-lived, meeting an elbow in the corner. Neville makes the trip to the middle rope but misses a Phoenix Splash. Perkins with a flurry of strikes and a running basement dropkick. Whip to the corner and Perkins with a jumping neck breaker. Neville bails, so TJP follows with a corkscrew pescado. Back inside, Perkins comes off the top with a diving body press for a near fall. Neville catches Perkins on the jaw with a forearm but can't muscle him up for a suplex from the apron. Perkins with rights and a springboard Franken-Steiner for two. Neville slips out of a Detonation Kick attempt and hits him in the midsection with a spinning super-kick. Perkins comes back with his own roundhouse kick and a triangle wrecking ball dropkick. Neville blocks the attempt at the Knee-Bar and hits a wheel barrow suplex for two. Perkins takes too long climbing the ropes and gets straddled across the turnbuckle for it. Neville climbs up with him but gets shoved down. Neville goes up again, and this time Perkins fights him off with rights. Neville is nothing but resilient, hitting a roundhouse kick, and finishing Perkins with the Super-Plex at 11:34. Matches like this almost make up for the stuff like Alicia Fox. Again, TJ Perkins is so good in the ring, but he was saddled with such poor material it's no wonder they gave up on him, and of course, we know what ability Neville has and was rarely allowed to showcase. ****
Final Thoughts: Neville continues his quest in conquering the Cruiserweight Division, with another victory (but first on 205 Live) over TJ Perkins, after defeating Rich Swann last week in a Non-Title Match. It's only a matter of time before he gets his title match. It appears the angle with Gallagher and Daivari will continue, even though last week was the perfect way to end it. Tajiri and Kendrick are teasing something moving forward, otherwise it's a poor way to use Kendrick. Last and definitely least, the love triangle from heck.